Choosing the proper safe to keep your guns safe & secure is an important decision. Our American made Eagle Series gun safes provide superior protection against break in and fire and come in three model series: Silver, Gold and American Eagle. All our gun safes are made with pride in the USA and come with a long list of standard features not found on other safes
Why Vault Pro?
While other safe companies are happy to import cheap foreign made products, Vault Pro builds our American made safes to exceed all standards of the industry, including: DOJ, U.L. RSC. Example. The State of California Department of Justice has the most stringent regulatory gun safe standards of any state. A safe must have all the following to meet D.O.J. Standards:
1. A safe shall be able to fully contain firearms and provide for their secure storage;
Not only are Vault Pro Gun Safes able to fully contain firearms and provide for their secure storage, but we do it with state of the art security features and fire protection and style like no other.
2. Safes shall have a locking system consisting of at minimum a mechanical or electronic combination lock. The mechanical or electronic combination lock utilized by the safe shall have at least 10,000 possible combinations consisting of a minimum three numbers, letters, or symbols. The lock shall be protected by a case-hardened (Rc 60+) drill-resistant steel plate, or drill-resistant material of equivalent strength;
Vault Pro uses only American Made Sargent & Greenleaf UL Listed Group II Locks and offer a myriad of upgrades including Group 1 locks, Redundant Locks, Dual Locking Systems and Biometric Locks.
Vault Pro doors include up to an inch of Case Hardened (Rc 60+) Drill Resistant Hard Plate… The least amount of Case Hardened (Rc 60+) Drill Resistant Hard Plate used in any of our safe doors is ½” (double the thickness used in most other companies doors). We simply provide more protection for your American Made Lock.
3. Boltwork shall consist of a minimum of three steel locking bolts of at least ½ inch thickness that intrude from the door of the safe into the body of the safe or from the body of the safe into the door of the safe, which are operated by a separate handle and secured by the lock;
Vault Pro has engineered our Boltwork to be the strongest and smoothest acting. Our Eagle Series Locking Bolts are all 1-1/2” in diameter and 4” in length.
Our Locking Bolts independently rotate 360° on a 10 gauge boxed bolt carriage (heavier than any of our competition) and are connected using a grade 5 Hex Bolt. Don’t settle for cheap angle iron or u-shaped bolt carriages that require anti-pry tabs because they bend under pressure.
As important as the Locking Bolts are…they aren’t anything without a strong frame to lock behind. While most manufacturers use the minimum thickness and quality of steel bent into an L-Shape as a door stop, Vault Pro uses a Multi-Stepped frame that seals against the door on at least 5 points and is ¾” thick. Again…Vault Pro puts more steel and more protection into your safe providing you with the peace of mind you deserve.
4. Safes shall be capable of repeated use. The exterior safe walls shall be constructed of a minimum 12-gauge thick steel for a single-walled safe, or the sum of the steel walls shall add up to at least .100 inches for safes with two walls. Doors shall be constructed of a minimum of two layers of 12-gauge steel, or one layer of 7-gauge steel compound construction;
12 gauge is 0.1046 (a lot less than 1/8” thick or 0.1250). In a pry attack this flimsy safe loses every time.
Vault Pro uses only premium quality steel and a minimum steel thickness of 10 gauge (0.1345, which is well over 1/8”) on the body and offers safes built using 7 gauge (0.1793 or 3/16”) and 3 gauge (1/4” or 0.250) for even greater protection.
Vault Pro Doors start with a hand fit ¼” plate of steel and reinforce that plate with a 10 gauge bolt guide as well as a z-shaped step system all the way around the door, by far exceeding what the D.O.J. requires. It only gets better from there. If you want the best protection for your valuables…you found it & Vault Pro builds it right here in America.
5. Safe door hinges shall be protected to prevent the removal of the door. Protective features include, but are not limited to: hinges not exposed to the outside, interlocking door designs, dead bars, jeweler’s lugs and active or inactive locking bolts.
Would be thieves may grind away at hinges thinking they will be able to get the door to open from the hinge side. If they want to take a grinder to Vault Pro’s hinges they will need to pack a lunch and maybe a sleeping bag because our hinges are 1-1/4” diameter x .250 D.O.M. (Seamless) barrels with a ¾” cold rolled steel hinge pin. Even if the hinges are removed completely, there is a minimum of 7-1/2” of steel on 60” tall models still locked behind the frame protecting your valuables from hinge attacks. On Vault Pro’s 72” tall models there is over 10-1/2” of steel for even greater protection from hinge attacks.
Each finished safe is proudly stamped Made in USA.
Our Safes Easily Exceed DOJ Standards and are Made in America
At Vault Pro, made in the USA still means something. Who makes the best gun safes? Don't be fooled by companies that sell cheap foreign made safes. All Vault Pro gun safes & vaults are made in America. Protect your guns and valuables against burglary, theft and fire with a new tool resistant, fire resistant safe from Vault Pro. Follow the links for more information about our new Eagle Series models. For more information about our quality American made safes and a dealer near you call us: 800-299-6929.
Most Vault Pro safes are built using one piece of steel bent from the left side of the body around the back to the right side. We can then square, fit and weld the top and bottom of the body with full length welds both inside and out.
Once the safe bodies are fire insulated, the step system frame is built and shelving tracks are added. Each body gets a hand cut and custom fitted step system door that is mated precisely to the body with a tolerance of no more than 1/16". The door is then built and hinged with very heavy duty hinges.
Quality construction begins with quality materials in the hands of skilled craftsman.